Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm Ready for My Close Up - Bucket List Item #4

     Let me begin by stating (quite clearly), I AM NO MODEL. I don't pretend to be. In fact, it took a bit of coercion to even get me to agree to do the shoot. I'm a makeup artist. I ordinarily hang out on the OTHER side of the camera, but as my bucket list would indicate, it is something I always wanted to do, even if no one but me ever saw the pictures.
     With that being said, my friend Tisha (yes, the one who I worked with on the film) is also a photographer and asked me if I wanted to do a shoot with her. I thought it'd be a good opportunity to shoot some of my makeup and utilize the photos for my portfolio. (Plus, I wanted to see if my hundreds of hours spent watching Top Model would finally pay off. FYI - it didn't! That shit's harder than it looks!).
So here are some of the shots, not many but a few, just so I can show you that I did it.
    I was super self-concious. I was freezing. And I am wildly critical of the shots that we ended up with, but overall it was a really fun time, especially because Tisha and me together is always a recipe for madness and ridiculousness.









1 comment: