Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Jersey State Triathlon: Round Two (July 21, 2012)

    On July 21, almost two years after this crazy weight loss adventure began, I competed in my second Sprint Triathlon. I was a little afraid since I wasn't able to train as fiercely as I did with the first one due to three hospital trips in under a month.... Friggin' kidney stones! I still wasn't feeling my best, but I had registered, had trained, and had promised myself that I would do at least show up and go for as long as I could. Race day came and the weather was PERFECT, so much better than the 106 degree race we ran last year. My parents, along with my sister Karli and her best friend Carly, came as my cheering squad and I did great! I felt like a seasoned pro! In fact, as I was setting up my station I had the opportunity to meet some of the other women in my heat and socialize a bit while I was stretching and setting things up. One girl came up to me and said, "I remember you! You KILLED the swim leg last year! Totally destroyed it!" And I was like, "Uhh.... are you sure that was me?"To which she responded, "Oh yeah, I remember that we started together in the water and it took me like 20 minutes to finish and you were out in like half that time!" And you know what... she was right. I think last year's swim took me about 11:40ish minutes. This year I smashed all of my times by A TON. My transitions were so much better and I ran the whole run course! Overall I placed 1018 out of about 1150 competitors, which isn't wonderful, but as I said, all I wanted to do was finish and if I could beat my own personal records then it was a WIN for me.

STATS: My swim time was 11:48 with a swim place of 366 overall (that's freakin' awesome! 366 out of 1150! ow ow! So I am a beast in the water!). My T1 was 3:15, my bike was 47:16, my T2 was 4:20 and my run was 37:42. My total race took 1:44:21.



No comments:

Post a Comment