Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Mods Take Munchen - Day 5

Saturday, Oct 3

Today was rough. Beyond rough. I will need to sleep about a week in order to recover from the wild fiesta that was last night. But I survived. (Barely, but I did.) And in a few weeks, when I am telling stories about my wild time in Munich, I'll be grateful I didn't sleep. Dana was right - I can sleep when I get home. (And that I will, my friends. That. I. Will.)

Anyway, today was not only rough because I was hungover as shit, but there were 8 zillion people walking around the streets, as it was the last weekend of the festival, and it was almost 80 degrees, which seems beautiful, but is not ideal weather to be fighting crowds and lugging around 100 pounds of luggage. I tried to go to the Oktoberfest site but actually began to have a panic attack. AHHH! Too many people. Too much stimulation. Too much. I saw things that no human should ever see - I saw a young woman who looked like her spine had been removed. She couldn't stand up, even with her friends holding her up. One of the guys threw her over his shoulder to reveal her thonged behind, her dirndl up over her back. And as they tried to make it to the exit, she proceeded to vomit down his back. WTF!?! I was like, NO this is too much! I fled (as quickly as I could through a crowd that moved like molassas) to do a little more shopping and then back to the Sheraton to get by bags and head to the train station.

I won't bore you with the details, but I will just say that I don't understand why getting to and from any airport to the center of any city has to be so hellish. Navigating a train station where NO ONE spoke English and I had to buy my ticket (that was never even checked/collected) from a kiosk that only read in German, was seriously so stressful. I didn't even know if I was on the right train. I had to go alllllll the way to the airport, just to catch a shuttle to take me a half hour BACK towards the city in order to get to my "airport" hotel. Airport hotel, my ass. Anyway, I said I wouldn't bore you, but clearly, I am a little traumatized and am not yet over it.

Veeeeeerrry long story short, my hotel was beautiful and comfortable and awesome after a long day of travel. I had an amazing and very authentic last Munich meal (hooray for delicious Wiener schnitzel. I think I'll miss you most.) I went back to my room to settle into some solid and well earned Netflix time and some room service dessert. Because tomorrow, I go home, so I better whoop it up while I can.

God bless you!
All 8 zillion people heading into the festival. I attempted to go in for 3 seconds and immediately made a U-turn.
Hello panic attack.

Abort! Abort!
Hotel restaurant dinner. 
Yum, yum, and yum. One last schnitzel (but no more beer... EVER!)

Chocolate souffle and Sense8. Perfect end to a (nearly) perfect trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment