Tuesday, October 25, 2016

BEST Paleo Bread EVER

I have been experimenting a lot with Pinterest recipes since I've started clean eating and to say it's been hit or miss is a bit of an understatement. Most of my attempts have turned out okay and just need some tweaking, but this bread.... dear lawd, this bread is really freakin' perfect. It's like real bread!

First of all, I'm not gonna lie, coconut flour tastes like sand. Add it to a liquid and it tastes like wet sand. Pretty much every recipe I've tried with coconut flour I've ended up throwing away. So when I saw that this was made with coconut flour, I was not hopeful. But I figured, what the hell?! And I'm so glad I did.

As I was preparing it, I will admit, I was doubtful. I wanted to take pictures of me making it, but it was a little bit of a shit show and my kitchen looked like a battle scene. It wasn't incredibly complicated per se, but it required three different bowls, and a boat load of utensils (or maybe that's just me). I made a mess and looking at the consistency of the batter, I was ready for another Pinterest failure. But alas, I was wrong! This bread is freakin' fantastic. So thank you to the genius who dreamt this up - I will certainly be making it again.

The only thing is that most of the ingredients are super easy to find, which I always love. I am turned off when a recipe includes some crazy rare ingredient that no one has ever heard of and needs to be ordered online or something. The only one that may take a little bit of looking is "Arrowroot Starch/Flour." I found it pretty easily as my local larder and I think you can get it easily at the grocery store, but personally, I've never looked for it there. So I hope that's true. Or else I'd understand your reticence to try it.

Click here to be redirected to the recipe's site. I wanted to be sure to give credit where credit is due. So thank you "My Natural Family" for the great recipe!
If you try it, let me know how it turns out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment