Sunday, October 9, 2016

Clean Eating - Grapefruit Avocado Salad

I don't know how I feel about Grapefruit. I've never been keen on it. If you were to watch me eat it, you'd think I was being forced at gun point. I make faces and swallow dramatically, and then think "Huh... that's not so bad," stick another bite into my mouth, and BAM crazy face again.

But it boasts such great health benefits that I decided that I was going to like it come hell or high water. Basically, I don't love eating it plain. This much I have discovered. But in recipes, I'm kind of a BIG fan. This is my latest creation and I, not only ate it in record time,  but was tempted to make myself another heaping bowl! It is crazy delicious. Is super refreshing. And is really healthy! Does it get any better than that?! 


Grapefruit Avocado Salad

(Portions are adjustable. Depends on how much you want to make and for how many people. These are the measurements I use for a single meal-sized serving.)

3/4 c. grapefruit slices (I cut them into 1" pieces) And I use Del Monte Grapefuit slices No Sugar Added (Don't use the juice)
1/2 avocado (cut into cubes)
1.5 tbs chopped fresh mint
1-2 tbs crumbled goat cheese
2 tbs pignoli nuts (or any kind of nuts really. Walnuts would be yummy!)
3 oz of protein - I use grilled chicken but I feel like grilled shrimp would be pretty great in this too!
1 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Squeeze of lemon
Pinch of salt (Can be omitted if you are watching your sodium intake)

Suuuuuper simple instructions. 
Just cut up all of the ingredients into bite-size pieces. Put into a bowl and dress lightly with the EVOO, squeeze of lemon juice, and pinch of salt. Mix well and then chow down! 

Let me know how you like it in the comments below! Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment