Monday, January 31, 2011

The Bucket List

    Alright, so I feel that I should begin by telling you that when I first conceived this blog idea, it was originally to chronicle my trials and tribulations specific to training for a Triathlon Sprint (which, may I mention, is rapidly approaching six months from now!) I wanted to explain that I was a fat girl and have, since my journey through weight loss, transformed into a motivated wildebeest of unbridled intensity and motivation - but that would be a lie. Don't get me wrong, I am determined; I am ready for this challenge, but the moments of laziness and sparks of sheer terror at the thought of swimming, biking, and running for the majority of a whole day pretty much makes my hair uncurl. I can't pretend that there aren't moments where I still think I can't do it. There are definitely still moments where I think like a fat girl, and see myself as a fat girl. At times, I do become overwhelmed when I focus on the negativity of "can't." But the difference now is that I've seen myself do something that I never thought was possible! This epiphany has opened the door to the millions of things that I once thought to be impossible. So negativity be damned, I am going to complete a Triathlon Sprint, and soon.
     But then I got to thinking, "Once I finish with that, then what? Will my blogging days be over only six months after they've begun? ... Oh hell no they won't because I have more adventures to accomplish!"  Thus, the birth of my blog began. 
     Lastly, I just wanted to jot down, for those who care, a few of the goals that I have on this "bucket list." Some of them have to do with things from which I had restricted myself due to my weight, and others are just life goals and aspirations to make me grow and mature as a person. Ideally, I would accomplish the majority of these tasks before I'm 30, which was how the list was initially intended when I first started it two years ago. (Fear not friends, I haven't been sitting on my laurels waiting idly by for the past two years without checking some things off my list. I have accomplished some pretty lofty goals during that time, like spending a year as a vegetarian and picking up an moving to a different state, and some other good ones.) Back to present however, three years may not be enough time to do it all, and seeing as I just recently lost the weight that was holding me back from some of these tasks, I may be able to give myself an extension. 

So here are a few of my goals (and the list continues to grow):

1. Loose 100 lbs (almost there!)
2. Complete a Triathlon Sprint (this goal actually started as just a 5k but hey, what's wrong with stretching my wings and the brinks of my sanity?)
3. Tell someone how I am truly feeling without fear of hurting their feelings
4. Get a professional photo shoot done (I'm not talking about Sears Photo Studio, I mean like a fashionista hot-mama type of a shoot)
5. Join a sports team (oh dear...)
6. Become a MAC makeup artist
7. Be conversational in one new language
8. Complete a full length novel
9. Participate somehow in the production of the Vagina Monologues
10. Head a major volunteer project
11. Take a trip with just my mom and me
12. Go on a date with someone I meet online (ugh... this terrifies me...)
13. Be spontaneous without fear of repercussion
14. Re-involve myself in theater
15. Get set up on a date
16. Become involved in a Book Club
17. Start an A Cappella group
18. Live alone
19. Pick up an move somewhere new
20. Visit the Northern Lights
21. Visit an Asian country (maybe Vietnam or Japan?)
22. Party in Amsterdam
23. Go to a Superbowl (preferably one that the Steelers are in and will win!)
24. Go to a movie premier and walk down the red carpet looking FABULOUS!
25. Go on a date with *P.D (haha... this is a little bit hilarious)
26. Work as a makeup artist on a film set

... (more to come)...

Ok so as I train for, prepare for, accomplish, etc these goals, I will be writing along the way to share with you all of the joys and the pains that will inevitably ensue. Actually, I am banking more on hilarity than anything else, which at its most basic level, should provide some entertainment for you at my expense. And I'm ok with that. Hell, isn't that what it's all about? In fact, Dave Matthews said it best when he said "The space between the tears we cry is the laughter that keeps us comin' back for more."
Smart man.


UPDATE: As of August 22, 2013 I have completed: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 14, & 17
Hopefully while living in London I'll be able to check off the list: 7 (does Cockney count? - haha j/k), 8, 18, 19, 20, & 22
Guess I gotta dream up some new goals to add to the list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment