Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise...

    I have always loved to dance. I spent my youth as a cheerleader and on dance teams, in spite of my much larger size than was (and still is) ordinarily and stereotypically accepted. Now, I am a teacher at a high school and  for the past three years, have continued my passion for dance as the choreographer for their spring musical. I have always loved it, but this year I am especially loving not huffing and puffing my way through the dance routines. Last spring when I was going through the audition piece I choreographed, I couldn't keep up... with my own moves! It wasn't until then that I realized how difficult it was to dance and count aloud and BREATHE all at the same time. My chest was heaving, I was sweating and I often had to stop and just count out the beats while the girls danced and twirled around me.
    But today, I was dancin' my ass off with the best of them. In fact, I was running circles around my high schoolers, daring them to keep up! It is in those little moments of realization of how significant my weight loss has been on even the smallest of tasks that makes me smile and feel so blessed to have taken my life back.
    I know I already divulged why I started this blog, but I want to go on record saying that I don't care if I have one person who reads this or one million, in a way, I feel like this blog is just as much for me as it is for others. This blog will hopefully prove to be a constant reminder of how lucky I am to be alive and as I write daily on all of the "adventures" I am now having,  will hopefully help me to keep on track with continuing to lose the weight I want and then maintain my weight loss when the time comes.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would let you know that at least one person is reading it. Keep up the goods work! Glad to see it's paying off.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete