Saturday, March 26, 2011

Putting Myself Out There In More Ways Than One...

     To begin, I just want to update my status on my running training. I see that it has been awhile since I last logged in an entry, and that's because life has been kicking my ass lately. And since I have been so busy, I haven't really had time for full-blown workouts/training sessions, but at the same time, I didn't want to absolve completely and lose all of the progress I've made. So instead of long endurance runs, I have just been squeezing in mile runs whenever I can. And I know that this is going to sound ridiculous to some people (because it is pretty slow compared to what most people can do) but I am proud to announce that I have been running the mile at an average of 11:15. Now, after not being able to run a mile at all, this is pretty friggin' awesome.
     Ok, so now that we are (somewhat) up to date, I would like to report that after this evening, I am one step closer to checking #14 off my "to do" task list. I have been itching to get back into theater and musicals, especially after just finishing up with The Sound of Music, for which I choreographed. Yet for whatever reason, I would never go to auditions. They would come and go and I would curse myself for not mustering the courage to try out. However, tonight I stepped up and went to an audition. It was pretty painless, although the nerves came back and threw me a little out of whack. But overall, I could care less if they call me back or not; I went and to me, that's even more of a win than getting a part. I can't tell you how many times today I contemplated not going. I came up with at least 30 different excuses and even looked up the phone number to call in case I backed out. Maybe I was afraid of the judgement. Maybe I still always feel sub-par in many ways. Maybe I was just scared to put myself out there and get rejected. But either way, fear or not, I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment