Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh So Sore...Yet Oddly Satisfied

    Yikes, yesterday I went running and ran the distance of what would be a 5k. I had never done that before, so yippee! However, today I can't move. My muscles are on FIRE and I am struggling to even walk. My thighs, hamstrings, hip flexors are so tight that I feel like I'm gonna snap something important if I move too quickly. I took a hot bath, two tylenol, slathered on some Aspercreme and stretched the crap out of my legs but frig, no relief - not yet at least. (A brief notes on this: Apsercreme, Bengay, Nurprin all smell like Wint-o-green Lifesavers... ugh. me no likey! Can't someone come up with a pain relieving gel that smells like men's cologne or pina coladas? Yeah, let's get on that, shall we?) Ok, so long story short, I think I need to stretch a little more than I did before attempting another 3-4 mile run and two: muscles be damned, I did it baby! And I got the sore muscles to prove it! :)
   There is an official 5k run scheduled for April 10th and I think I am going to do it. (It is scaring the crap outta me, which makes me even more nervous about this upcoming Sprint Triathlon.) Well, I gotta get over my nerves/apprehension because there is no backing out... I've come this far, I'm not giving up now. However, I better stretch a little more effectively or else I won't have to quit, I'll just be crippled and unable to participate. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment