Friday, May 27, 2011

Kickin Ass and Takin Names...

   So I am a little more than two weeks into my intense Tri-training routine, complete with "brick" workouts (which are two segments of training back to back, like a swim and a run or a bike and a run, etc) and I am feeling GREAT! Last weekend I ran my first (unofficial) 5k and on hilly terrain no less, so I was pretty pumped about that. Forget the fact that when I got home I threw myself on the couch and took a BIG FAT NAP and was practically vegetative and useless for the duration of the day! Hmm... I gotta find a way to keep my energy up or else I'm gonna be laid out for a week after my Triathlon!
     But I have been consistently working out no less than 5x a week, swimming most days and alternating biking and running. Let me tell you, I am a sexy sight in a tight speedo racing suit, swim cap and goggles... if I didn't fear acquiring a stalker, I would post pictures of the beauteous sight. (Dear God, I hope you know I'm kidding!) Actually, I have a funny story - the first time I attempted a brick workout I attempted a swim/run combo. I swam .3 of a mile (about 30 laps in the pool) in about 20 minutes and then hustled to change and hop on a treadmill. So I start jogging mildly and out of nowhere I acquired the most WICKED charlie-horse in my leg, so help me god, I almost went right down. And all I could picture was me hitting the treadmill belt with the thud of a large water buffalo and then flying off the back and crumpling into a heap behind the still moving tread. So sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment