Sunday, May 15, 2011

Whoa... Where Did April Go?

    I wish I could say that I missed adding to my blog during the entire month of April because I have been too busy training for my upcoming triathlon - but I can't say that, so I don't know what happened. Don't get me wrong, I am training, but I feel like I've been talking more about training than actually doing it. Yikes - July 23 is going to be here before I know it.  Thankfully this epiphany hit me and as of the past two weeks, I have been getting more serious about training. I have been running 2 miles+ stints and feeling pretty damn good. This morning I ran a 2+ mile course with some pretty intense hills. Go me! On Monday, I am going to an athletic club to sign up for membership; this club has an indoor pool, hence my swim training will begin on Monday. Now I just have to get on a bike and we'll be good to go.
    I have also been reading a book called Slow Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams (which has been pretty amusing and rather informative) and in it she discussed mental preparation as well as physical training. She said to develop a mantra to repeat when things become difficult, either in training or on race day. So as I was running today mine came to me: "I am never going back." I am not returning to a sedentary lifestyle. I am not going back to being a recluse. I am not going back to a time when I didn't step out of my comfort zone.  Look out bitches, cause this new me is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment