Saturday, December 7, 2013

Paul Van Dyk with Aileen and Jeremy! - Day 105

There are no words to express the EPIC-NESS (so not a word) of the last night I spent in London with Aileen and Jeremy. As she would say, it was amazeballs. Aileen bought us tickets to a dance club called Electric Brixton where one of her favorite DJs, Paul Van Dyk, was playing. His set was to begin at 1:00am so we met for dinner at Gaucho in Richmond, close to where they live. Let me tell you: I had THE BEST STEAK I'VE EVER EATEN. Seriously. I almost cried it was so good. I don't really even eat meat but this steak was ridiculous. Like melt in your mouth, cut with a fork, little nuggets of bloody bovine deliciousness. Yeee-haaaww. (Sorry I get graphic when I'm excited.)

After dinner went back to their flat to watch a movie because we had some time to kill before heading over to the club. For the record, don't watch the film Lone Survivor before heading out to the club. Major downer. I cried off all my makeup and my fake eyelashes ended up on my chin. No bueno.

Anyway, so about 11:30 we headed over to Brixton from Richmond and then waited in the queue to get in and then DANCE TIME BABY. Holy cow it was insane. The DJ before Paul Van Dyk was decent, but when Van Dyk took over, it was utterly bonkers. People went crazy. We were all smushed on to the dance floor and jumping around like idiots for six hours! He went on at 1:00am and played a five hour set. Trance music generally isn't my thing so I was afraid that I was going to lose interest after like a hour, but NO I was a dancing fool and I could have kept on going for another five hours! I kinda can't wait to go to another one. I think he plays in Australia next... hmmm....











No comments:

Post a Comment