Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Thanksgiving For the Books! - Day 99

Aileen and Jeremy hosted a FABULOUS American-esque Thanksgiving at their flat and so graciously invited me to join in the festivities. And let me tell you, it was just awesome. Of course, the food was fantastic, but more than that it was a chance to have a family-style feast, sitting around the table, laughing, eating, drinking, and enjoying general merriment. I went over a bit early to help them set up and cook and whatnot and it was just like being home, bustling around the kitchen and preparing the house for guests. The dinner party included about 18 people, mostly Americans that are on the Avengers sequel production with Jeremy, which is filming just outside of London.

Long story short: the food was amazing (super kudos to Aileen who cooked her very first turkey!), the people were engaging, and the night turned out to be so much fun. We all cleaned up together, the guests left, and I was invited to stay for a slumber party! (YAY, I love those!) It was a perfect night.

How cute are these place settings?! 
That is one sexy bird!
Looking at this plate makes me drool a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment