Saturday, November 30, 2013

Impromptu Trip to Oxford and William's Birthday - Day 97

I have been dying to go to Oxford for a long time, but especially since reading the book A Discovery of Witches, which described in detail the magnificence of the Bodleian Library, home of some of the most incredible literary masterpieces and medical/scientific research of all time. With my time here dwindling fast, I figured no time like the present! I woke up bright and early and hopped on the train at Paddington Station en route to the lovely city of Oxford. I settled in for the hour-ish train ride and arrived at Oxford Station around 11am. I can't say that I did anything particularly exciting during my visit but I walked all over the city, marveling at the beautiful buildings and the history embedded in every element of the city and it was just amazing. I'm not gonna lie, when I finally got to the Bodleian, I actually cried. Cried! Man, what a nerd. It was just so overwhelming. Anyway, so it was a great day and it very much lived up to my expectations.



A nice walk with a latte in hand!













Lunch at Jamie's... surprise, surprise.  



When I got home, I took a little rest and then got ready to go and meet up with my friends to celebrate William's birthday. (William is my Parisian neighbor!) We went to a Tavern and met up with about a dozen of their friends. We had so much fun. And then about half of us, around midnight, decided that we wanted to go out dancing so we headed over to The Gate in Notting Hill and danced til 4am. Whew. What a night!

Me and Aurelie!
Aurelie, me, and the birthday boy, William! Have I mentioned that we've had a little bit of wine?

Bus shenanigans!! So silly!
Another awesome night with awesome friends.
Have I mentioned that I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE LONDON?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment