Thursday, September 5, 2013

Daily Doin's - Days 11 & 12


Not much to report really, just a few things I guess.

1. I signed up for a gym membership and have been running and swimming everyday, so that’s good.
I’m hoping that it will at least somewhat combat the four tons of bread and cheese that I consume on a daily basis. (It’s just so delicious!) I finished all of my critiques and have been moving full speed ahead on my manuscript. I’m still on the hunt for a wi-fi carrier and that’s annoying the shit out of me. In fact, I missed my last SHU chat and will now have to make it up on Saturday because the chat was at 9pm EST (which is 2am, and there is NO WHERE OPEN at 2am for me to use their wi-fi.) So that ship sailed. Thankfully the makeup chat is at 9am EST, which is a manageable 2pm for me. Much more reasonable. I’ve realized that without internet access (or very limited access), entertainment options dwindle rapidly. I read books on my kindle, have hardcore solo dance parties (no joke), I snack (a lot! – not good), and I write (it’s almost done, it’s almost done). Yeah, that’s about it. What else could I do? I’m just gonna start doing pushups when I have nothing to do and come back to the States super jacked! Like Arnold. Hmm… that’d be nuts.  

2. Speaking of reading, I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Total mind F*&K! Whoa. Seriously, it’s totally crazy. PUN INTENDED! Everyone should read it because I need to talk this shit out with someone who’s read it. All I’ll say is: you don’t know if he’s crazy, or she’s crazy, or you’re the one who’s crazy. It’s a little bananas.

3. Oh! Here’s some news. Apparently we have a peeping tom in our building. (See Note, literally.) A couple things about this. At first, it freaked me out. I pictured a guy outside the door of the bathroom (that I was currently using) looking all creepy while doing the “Peepin’ Dance” (that sadly, only my SHU roomies can imagine, but trust me, it’s a creepy peeping dance. I’m sure you can use your imagination.) But then when I pictured the dance, I kinda had to laugh a little bit. And then, I really had to laugh about the note. I mean, I love that this girl took the time to write it out and inform the rest of us what’s up, but you gotta admit, it’s pretty hilarious. Actually, I’m laughing right now as I re-read it. I want to find out who in my building wrote this and be her friend. She sounds like a New Yorker! 
       But when I showered today, I didn’t know whether I should cover the grate in the door with my towel OR put on some music, do a little dance, and put a change bucket outside the door. I mean, gimme a break, I don’t have a job here. A girl’s gotta live!

4. Tonight I met up my friend, Matt, who I went to high school with (over 10 years ago!) who also now lives in London. We were friendly in high school, but we didn’t particularly hang out much back then. But as soon as he heard that I was moving here, he graciously reached out to offer whatever help he could and suggested we get together when I got settled. We grabbed dinner and drinks tonight at Le Mitre, a brasserie not far from where we live. (He lives pretty close to where I live – How ‘bout that?? Small world, eh?) And we had such a great time, reminiscing and talking about London and all that good stuff. It just added another level of comfort to see a friendly familiar face in this city where I thought I’d know no one. I know we’ll be hanging out a bunch while I’m here, which is awesome! YAY!

5. I need a god-damned fan. Seriously. I’m melting to death in my apartment. This is not an exaggeration; I want to cry. I’ve been to like 30 stores and NONE of them carry fans any longer. “Out of season!” they say. BULLSHIT! It’s still friggin’ hot out, which I know is unseasonable for this time of year, but I’m dyin’ here. I've tried to pull a Bill Nye and rig some gadgets together to fashion some sort of cooling device, but who are we kidding, I was a French/English major. I'm not cut out for this Engineering/Science shit! So I just dumped cold water on my head instead. It, temporarily, did the trick, but it is in no way a permanent solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment