Sunday, September 8, 2013

Portobello and New Friend Shenanigans! - Day 15 & 16

Day 15:   

     This morning I began my day rummaging through the mayhem at the world famous "Portobello Market". It was way too freakin' crowded for my liking, but there was a lot of cool stuff. There's a section for antiques, a section for new things, a section for market produce, a section of food stalls. It's pretty expansive. And it's only about a 10 minute walk from my flat, so I have a feeling that I may be frequenting it often to get my produce and goods.


     

       Then I ran to Starbucks for my LAST SHU chat. The connection kept coming in and out, which was giving me heart palpitations and stressing me out to the max! Long story short, I need to get internet in my flat - STAT! No more dilly-daillying!
      Lastly, I was invited to a party this evening by a guy I met at Eric's BBQ last weekend named James. One of his flatmates is moving out and they were hosting a going away party for him and James was kind enough to invite me. In full swing, there were about 20 people and I had so much fun.


Everyone was REALLY wonderful! And let me just tell you that this flat was located on the top floor of a 16 story building and it had the most impressive view of any I've ever seen. The living room was completely windowed all the way around so we had a full panoramic view of London's skyline at night. I'm not kidding, it was breathtaking! And best of all, right by Big Ben there was a crazy display of fireworks that was just the cherry on top. I tried to take pictures of the view, but they came out like crap. Next time I'm there, I'll have to try something else to see if I can capture it.

Ugh, what a pathetic attempt. It does the real thing NO JUSTICE!

I ended up staying until about 1:45 when we all decided to go out dancing at a local club (I can't remember what it's called). Anyway, the bouncers were being total asshats and wouldn't let the guys in so, we were going to go elsewhere, but instead I decided to call it a night. I mean, it was already close to 2:15am. So the guys walked me to the bus stop and waited for me to board and then I think I gave my parents a heart attack when I called them on my walk home from the bus stop to my flat. It was safe-enough, I swear. Had I felt it wasn't I would've grabbed a cab. But the street was well lit and still somewhat populated for it being almost three in the morning. I don't think my parents were amused.

Day 16:


Ugh, I was hurtin' this morning. I didn't even drink that much, but that's what drinking white wine all night'll do to you. Not good. Between my baby hangover and the fact that it's drizzling outside, equalled me staying in bed with my AWESOME book, Lord of Scoundrels, recommended to me by my friend Tricia. It's like crack! I'm obsessed! I can't put it down! Even when I came in last night at 3:00am, I had to read a little before I fell asleep. Yeah, it's that good. The only thing on the docket today is to Face Time with my family for a bit at Starbucks, work on my manuscript and my school work for this week, and maybe find a bar that is playing the Steelers game (fingers crossed). Thankfully, it's a 1:00 game, which is 6:00 here, so maybe, just maybe I'll find it somewhere. Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like sooo much fun! I'm glad you're having such a great time and so many, shall I say...interesting experiences! I miss you tons!!!
    xoxo
    Beth

    ReplyDelete