Monday, September 16, 2013

T-minus Two Weeks and Counting... Days 20 - 24

      Two weeks until my manuscript is due. So you can guess what I've been doing! If you guessed pulling my hair out and laughing maniacally while rocking back and forth in a corner, you'd be right!!
Yeah, so stressed is putting it mildly.
       But on a brighter note, just this morning I got internet in my flat! I was going to wait until after the deadline just so I didn't have any further distractions, but my original phone plan expired and it made more sense to just top-up and get it now. Plus, I don't think I can down another friggin' cup of anything brewed by Starbucks. At least not for awhile.
     Just to catch you up though, aside from writing, I've been doing a few things here and there, despite the fact that I've just caught a wicked cold. Damn you rainy damp weather! So Wednesday was my day with Aileen at Harrods, Thursday I met up with friends for a charity pub quiz. I think my quote of the night might have been, "I sure hope they don't ask only British trivia things. I mean, I don't know a damn thing about Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Who!" "Uhhh, you mean, Dr. Who?" "Oh crap..." Yup. American moment comin'-atcha! But we actually fared pretty well, coming in 3rd place out of about twelve teams. I met a bunch of really great people, who I got a chance to see again on Saturday night when we celebrated my friend Jordan's 30th birthday! (We'll revisit that topic in a moment.)

My crazy friends lovin' pub quiz!! 


Our quiz team: Me, James, Eric, and Hillary!
      Friday night I had planned to work on my manuscript and take it easy, seeing as I was planning on some hardcore partyin' Saturday night. 8:00 at night on a Friday in my pjs I get a text from my friend Matt inviting me out for drinks. To be honest, it was raining like crazy, I was comfy in my bed, and I wasn't dressed at all so I had to really fight myself to get up and go out. But I hadn't seen Matt in over a week and I thought, "What am I a grandma!?!? Get the hell up and go!"And I'm so glad I did! We went to a pub up the block from where I live, and as usual, we had a great time!
     Unfortunately for me, however, when I woke up on Saturday, I was feeling a little crummy. Not hangover crummy, more like uh-oh-I-think-I'm-getting-a-cold kinda crummy. I tried to rest and mentally prep for going out for a night on the town for Jordan's birthday, but after a hellacious hour-long bus ride, I felt worse than ever. I stayed at his flat for a bit, but had to call it a night pretty early and never made it out to the club with them. Super bummer! By the time I got home, I thought I was dying. Not good.
Penny made delicious birthday cake! 

Me and the birthday boy!! 
       And yesterday, I was supposed to go to The Sunday Assembly again with Bhavya, and had to cancel. And then was supposed to meet up with Aileen and Jeremy to go and see About Time and grab some dinner. I managed to crawl out of bed after sleeping for like 14 hours, only to find out that the Circle and District tube lines (the two I'd need to get to Richmond) were out of service. I tried to take a bus to Earl's Court to pick the tube back up past the construction, but after being on this stifling bus for over 30 minutes, I was only like ten minutes from my flat. I had to call Aileen, cancel, get off the God-awful bus, and then walk home through Hyde Park over a mile in the pouring rain. Which I'm guessing was not so great for my cold. 
     Today? Cold medicine. Sleep. Laundry. Netflix (Squee!). Tea. Some more sleep. And I suppose some writing. If I can manage it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment