Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life...

    I just wanted to take a second to report that I couldn't physically put myself to bed the other night because I was too busy trying on all my new clothes and traipsing around my house like a maniac, modeling for myself and my dog. Not that I looked particularly cute or extravagant, but I couldn't get over how I am in a smaller size now that I was when I was in the 9th grade. I am the smallest I have been in 15 years. And damn it feels good.
   And I'm not going to lie and say that I don't enjoy the physical aspect of looking better. I know that sounds vain, but I've been literally working my ass off and it's nice to not feel self-consious all the time. But I will say that even better than the physical benefit to loosing 90 pounds, are the little daily victories - like not hating dressing rooms, or not dreading bathing suit shopping (ok, who am I kidding? Bathing suit shopping is the devil!) or actually caring about my outfits and how I look when I go out and not defaulting to t-shirts and oversized sweatshirts. I am noticing an internal change in myself in regards to how I perceive myself and how I want others to perceive me, and that in an of itself is big-doin's!
   Oh and on an irrelevant note: I can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment