Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Comfort in New Confidence

   So even though my Steelers lost, I must admit that I had a FANTASTIC weekend. I spent it with old friends, meeting new friends and feeling more comfortable with myself than I have in a long time. I felt flirty and fun and for the first time in a long time, I felt... unstoppable.  I debated about how detailed to get with this blog and realized that honesty is ordinarily the best policy, however, a girl is still entitled to some secrets, no? So, without getting too detailed, I ended up meeting a great guy and I can't decide if I am more excited about meeting such a cool guy, or the comfort and confidence I felt when I was with him. Now don't get me wrong, we aren't dating, we aren't even seeing each other, so it's not that I'm so comfortable because I've found "the one." No. Not even close. I am just saying that I didn't care if he grabbed my waist, or slid his hand down my back, I was like BRING IT ON BABY! Because even though I am far from skinny and my goal weight is a just speck on the horizon, I am feeling freakin' great. I was confident and, frankly didn't give a sh*t if I was being impressive or clever or sexy, I was happy just being myself. And apparently, that was good enough for him, which was great news for me. Anyway, so just for the record, confidence and comfort are NOT overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment