Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wintertime Blues...

   It's cold outside. Like really cold.  So there's reason number one for my lull in motivation to workout. And second, (and perhaps more importantly), I have been on the verge of death as I have been fighting the flu for the past five days. Ugh...what a pain the ass. Fever. Body aches. Congestion. Totally gross. Forget about working out! (which has literally been the LAST thing on my mind) ... no, that's a lie.  - It's all I've been thinking about. I think about how I should be working out and am not, which makes me feel guilty, lazy and useless - which then makes me feel bad about myself and, ironically, makes me feel less driven to workout. I try to comfort myself by saying that I'll just spend a few days recuperating, nurse myself back to normal and then jump into working out with both feet, but as more days pass, I'm finding it harder to jolt my ass in gear.
    Well, I guess all I can say is: here's to the road bumps of life, right? It's not the obstacles we face that define us, it's how we choose to overcome them. I better brush myself off and get back on the damn horse, or should I say stationary bike. I mean, those calories aren't gonna burn themselves and dammit, I've come too far to fall behind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment