Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stairway to "Seven" Baby! - Go Steelers!

    I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve! It is the Saturday before the Superbowl where my Pittsburgh Steelers are going to play for their SEVENTH Superbowl Championship and I couldn't be more excited! I have been a die hard Steelers fan since my undergraduate studies at UPitt... so for the record, I am not a "bandwagon" jumper! So, the reason that I wanted to explain my NFL fervor is because, in accordance with my passion for the Steelers and with my new found desire to find "adventures" in life, I decided to act my age for once, hop in the car and drive my ass to Pittsburgh to celebrate with my kindred Steeler fans.
    This is a huge feat for me seeing as most Friday and Saturday nights (especially pre-weight loss) were reserved for watching movies in my bed or doing something else by myself. I often stayed in because I was either too tired to do anything, or too self-conscious to put myself out in different situations. Now, I would like to defend myself by saying that I do have friends, it's just that none of them are local. Most of them live in Pittsburgh or elsewhere because after college we all went our separate ways and, though we are still close in friendship, in distance...not so much. But after much consideration, I thought, "Hey, why the hell not? What is stopping me?" I could either stay at home and watch the game with my family (who by the way, are not Steeler fans) OR I could go and be a part of the action.
     Long story short, I couldn't have made a better decision. This weekend was just what I needed to remind me that I am young and still have a lot of fun left to experience!  Today was a perfect day spent with good friends in a city that is buzzing with excitement of a possible Superbowl victory. It is great to be back in my old stomping ground where I am now fused into the passion and excitement that is taking over the city. And I can't wait 'til we win tomorrow night (cross your fingers!) to see "Steeler Nation" take to the streets and really go buck wild - and I, thanks to my decision to live my life, I will be apart of it.
 
(Me in the Strip District the day before the Superbowl! Stupid Packers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment