Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Few Random Thoughts: Volume I - Day 4

Today's entry will be comprised of random thoughts that I had throughout the day:

1. Made it to breakfast again today (yay, go me). Conclusion: A bone in your fish is the equivalent of a hair (or an eggshell, right Dana?) in your food. Automatically inedible.

2. I love that I'm never really "lost" in this city - I'm just on an adventure that I hadn't really planned!

3. Flat hunting is stressful as hell. Somebody tell me how I am supposed to feel comfortable as a young female scoping out apartments and roommates BY MYSELF!?! I mean, I am armed with pepper spray, but c'mon, I feel like it is just a sketchy situation no matter how you slice it. Or I'm just wildly cautious.

4. If I don't find an apartment soon, I may be living in a cardboard box. Don't worry, I'll decorate it and make it all fancy. It'll be portable. I won't have to worry about roommates or utility bills. (Mom & Dad - I'm joking! haha! Everyone else - I might not be joking. SOS!)

5. I know I've said it before but I am so grateful for the constant support of my friends and family. So many people have reached out to say hello, have read my blog, and have offered me names of people they know who live in London so that I'll have a resource if I need a hand while I'm here. It really means the world!

6. As much as I beg and pray, apparently this manuscript ain't gonna write or revise itself. So that sucks.

7. Breezy, sunny 72 degree weather is what it should be all the time, everywhere. It makes me a more active human being. (Mind you I said active, not so much productive. Stupid manuscript - like a frickin' monkey on my back!)

*Not ACTUALLY my room, but not far off.
8. My room looks like a bomb went off. But that's what you get when you're living out of suitcases in a room the size of a closet. It is a summer/fall/winter clothing bonanza in here!

9. Nutella is magic. I know we all know it, but I love how enthusiastic Europeans are about it. There's no shame.

10. Both ethernet cabled internet and slow broadband speed make me feel like I'm back in the 90s with my dial-up connection. I mean, c'mon people, we are living in the 21st century. And I'm fairly certain hitting the reload button four thousand times a minute doesn't help. Man, I'm impatient. I should work on that.

11. Netflix is the shit. Seriously. Especially since they updated their content. Modern Family? Supernatural? Grey's? It is my mindless zen.

12. Who decided that this country should drive on the opposite side of the road, on the opposite side of the car, mind you? Don't they know that they are gonna kill someone!?! It's unnatural. It's not right. And it needs to be stopped! I feel like I'm back in Pittsburgh with the buses that go the wrong way down the one way streets. It's like an evil trick. A darwinian game. It's just wrong and I have a strong feeling that if anything God forbid happens to me, it's probably going to be that I get hit by a bus.

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

13. I just looked up the Globe's lineup for this season and get this - Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth (SQUEE!), annnnd King Lear!??! And Taming of the Shrew on tour? Who is kidding me? If they would've had Othello too I might have just died. I haven't even checked out RSC's lineup yet. Oh man, I'm such a nerd. So flippin' excited.
"Fair is foul and foul is fair."
"Nothing will come of nothing. Speak again."
"I see a woman may be made a fool,
if she had not the spirit to resist."

14. And I saved the best thought of all for last. Today I realized that by moving to London, I pretty much bought myself 5 bonus hours for my manuscript deadline. Boom baby! Beating the system one loophole at a time. (On the other hand, 5 hours sounds more like a bonus nap to me.) I guess we'll see!



No comments:

Post a Comment