Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Flat Hunting Is Heinous - Day 5

      Today was the kind of day that makes you want to shed your clothes the second you walk in the door, throw'em into a heap on the floor, curl up in your bed, and forget that the world exists. Not that it was a bad day, per se, just SOOOO stressful! I'm going to reiterate... flat hunting SUCKS. Like fo' real.
I haven't eaten all day. 
I've walked all over this damn city and now I'm drinking. 
Heavily. 
     If I like the apartment, I don't like the area. If I like the area, the apartment is condemnable. All the while I feel like I have a ticking time bomb in my back pocket yelling "YOU HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY! YOU BETTER MAKE AN EFFIN DECISION!" Gah! Between this and my writing deadline, I'm kinda surprised I haven't flipped out yet. I mean, I still might, but I don't think any of your will be close enough to have to worry about being in the line of fire.  I just want a properly dressed messenger complete with the red coat and funny hat to come from Buckingham Palace to extend an invitation to stay there. "The Queen Mum would fahncy you to be hah royal guest and wohn't accept no for an ansah. Your invigh miss." ::Extends white gloved hand holding a crisp, gilded envelope:: "Yohr cahh awaits." 
     C'mon now, is that too much to ask? 
     On more positive note, I met a lovely woman today, who I happened to stop randomly in the street to get her opinion of the area we were, since I was supposed to have an apartment viewing appointment about an hour from then. She gave me her honest opinion and... I canceled the appointment. So that's how this has been going. I went to see another apartment today that was so filthy and was emitting an odor so foul that it made me gag a little and then I had to hold my breath until we got out of there. The next one was pretty good, but the area was so residential that it was pretty far from, you know, city life! Plus, when I walked around the area, these young guys started cat calling at me and I thought to myself, "If they approach me, who's gonna help me? That mom over there with the six kids pushing the baby buggy? I don't think so." So that was apartment number 2. As I said, I canceled on apartment #3 after scoping out the area which according to my stranger friend was all government assisted living. And mind you, all of these apartments were not close to one another. So on the bright side, I got some great exercise today! But... I am still homeless. 
    Tomorrow I'll be meeting with another agency.  Hopefully I'll have better luck with them.
    Ugh... forget today. I'm just going to put on my jammies, eat Nutella out of the jar, and watch Modern Family until I pee my pants.
     Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment