Monday, August 26, 2013

Movin' and A-Shakin' - Day 2

     Today already started off better because the sun is shinning. However, this jet-lag is killing me. I didn't sleep a wink and thus, I slept through breakfast. Once I realized the time, I leapt out of bed to take advantage of the beautiful weather - and that I did. I walked all over the city, from the British Museum (though I decided against going inside quite yet) down Tottingham Court
to Oxford Circus (lots and lots of shopping there - somehow I resisted and just kept walking. But I definitely noted the stores to which I will be returning! The only thing I did purchase was an International Sim Card for my phone so now I have an official UK telephone number. How cool is that?!? ::sigh:: It's the little things.
     Anyway, I sat an had lunch at a very swanky cafe called Ozer that specializes in Mediterranean cusine and had the best humus and olives ever!
I enjoyed my lunch leisurely as I pulled out my laptop and worked on my manuscript while relishing in the breeze of the open window. And the view was magnificent! The next picture was my view from lunch.
       I don't even know what building that is, but I feel like all of the architecture is outrageous. I'm like 'WOW, what's that building? Oh a shoe store? Fabulous." After lunch, I caught a bus to Westminster and took it one extra stop, over the Thames. I then went to see the London Eye (but only from afar for now), Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. See Below!










Then I walked all the way back home, through Victoria and around. Whew! My little pinky toes are killing me!
    I grabbed dinner at a pub on my block where I experienced my very first warm beer and some fish and chips. #EpicCulturalFail on the warm beer. Ugh. No bueno. How did forget that very important detail? Well, now I know. And I will be ordering ANYTHING ELSE but the beer from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment