Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'm Leaving, Tomorrow!

Don't lie. You just sang along with the title of this blog, didn't you?? Haha, don't feel bad, so did I.    
    Okay, so it's finally here. I leave tomorrow night on a red-eye flight to London, England, my new home for the next four months. All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. (Oh man, I'm really on a roll. Teehee.) I'm getting a little nervous but overall, I think I'm ready. Especially since I'm armed with some valium just in case I have a panic attack. (I'm only a little kidding.)
    To be honest, I'm not really nervous per se, just anxious. I just want to be there already. All of this preparation and waiting and running around is exhausting - both physically and mentally. I am just ready to be settled in and start my adventure. But then again, I guess this is all part of the 'adventure' so I really need to embrace it.
    Hmm... what else? Oh! I just want to say how incredibly blessed I feel to have such awesome friends and family who rally behind me no matter how far off the deep end I dive. I can't get over the outpouring of love and support that has been non-stop since I concocted this crazy idea (and have been there through all of my crazy ideas - and trust me, I've had a few!). I truly am so lucky. And I believe that it is because of this love and support that I feel like I can do these kinds of things and take these kinds of leaps because I know that no matter what happens, I'll be welcomed home with open arms and a strong drink. And there's no better comfort than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment