Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Spot of Tea and a Stroll Around Town - Day 65

   Tomorrow I leave to go home to the States for my birthday and I haven't packed a thing. I just keep moving shit around my room. Piles upon piles of crap that I need to take home but am not sure I'm ready to do without here. My hope is that I'll pack a full suitcase to bring home and then return with an empty one so that I have plenty of space to pack when I return home for good. Anyway, it'll get done... probably like three hours before I have to leave for my flight. YAY procrastination!
     Speaking of procrastination, Matt called me and asked me what I was up to. Clearly, I should have told him I needed to be packing. But instead I told him, "Nothin'! What do you wanna do?" And his suggestion was to go to tea at his favorite tea house Fortnam and Mason, one of the most famous tea houses in the city. We met up at the Oxford Circus tube and walked over to Fortnam and Mason, all the while admiring the new Christmas decorations that were appearing around the city. Let me just tell you that Fortnam and Mason is GORGEOUS! Totally overwhelming - five floors of beautifully decorated merchandise and food market items out the wahzooo. But so beautiful and fancy. We had proper tea and scones and petit fours. It was so great. I wore a dress and we were so proper. Pinkies up and all!







    Then Matt took me up Regent Street (which is a little like NYC's Fifth Avenue) to some of his favorite stores, especially Suffrages, which is a huge department store like Harrods. SO CRAZY! There are TWO MACs in the one store! That's bananas!



Best of all, the weather, as we were walking around, was crisp and cold. And it made me realize that Christmas is right around the corner. Window decorations and christmas lights. Warm coats and gloves.  It was such great day and was the true essence of what I'll miss so much about London once I return home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment