Monday, November 18, 2013

Another Brilliant Weekend with Awesome Friends! - Days 83-84

Friday: Tonight, I went out with my new friend, Karen, at this very posh bar near Liverpool Tube Station called Dirty Martinis, which was serving half price drinks for Happy Hour! Woohoo! Let me just say, Passion Fruit Martinis are the devil! Well, they're awesome but dangerous. Karen introduced me to some of her friends, Cindy, Alana, & Reese, who were so fun. The bar had just opened and it was beautiful and full of some pretty fancy people finishing up their pretty fancy jobs. Yippee for happy hour in the financial district! Anyway, so everyone began to peel off and Karen and I were left to bar hop around town. We were headed over to The Queen of Hoxton but only made it like three doors down before we saw a bar called "Dirty Dicks" and Karen yelled, "Dirty Dicks?!? Get in there!" and shoved me inside. Man, I knew we'd get along! We met a boat load of people in there... mostly blokes. (Hey we're two single ladies out on the town! Give us a break!) We met a group of guys that we really got on with and we all headed over to Piccadilly Circus to go to a bar called O'Neill's that had an awesome band playing! We danced like idiots for hours! It really was great fun!



Me and my new mate, Karen! Good craic, she is!
Don't worry - it's a fake!
Gettin' to work!
Laughing like fools! 
And some more silliness...
Saturday: Today, after waking up thinking my head was going to explode, I got in touch with Eric to finalize our plans for the day. We had plans to go to Borough Market with our friends Ashley, Stevie, and Heather and then have dinner together. We met around 3:30 at the market and milled around a bit, looking for some delicious treats for dessert later and then headed over to the Globe Tavern for a couple of rounds. I was awesomely lame and had soda water! Well, for the first round at least. For round two I bit the bullet and had a pint and like magic felt a million times better. Dude, hair of the dog is no joke! That shit really works! Finally, we made our way to back to Eric's apartment where he prepared a lovely and MASSIVE lasagna fit for a king! We nibbled on all of our desserts and thought for one second about going to Inferno, the dance club in Clapham. But we were all suffering with food babies and lasagna comas so dancing was OUT! So instead I waddled home to have a most satisfying sleep!




No comments:

Post a Comment