Thursday, November 14, 2013

Some of the Best and Worst of Britain - Days 81-82

          Aileen and I had a hot date with her television at her flat in Richmond! Ow ow! She wanted to show me the way of "bad British tv. She had told me how terrible some of their programming is and I couldn't believe what she was telling me, espeically because I don't have a television of my own. So we decided to order some Indian take out and find some crazy, crack British programming to entertain the crap out of us for the evening. HOLY MOTHER OF MERCY. She wasn't exaggerating! Their television shows here are INSANE. Let's begin with a show they call "Embarrassing Bodies." Sweet baby Jesus - I have never seen so much genatalia in my whole life. And obviously not normal genitalia (hence the show's title), which would have been a lot in and of itself. No. It was morphed, misshapen, fleshy, flaming, masses of gamey junk. ::Cue gagging here.:: It reinforced the fact that I am NOT cut out for a career in medicine. UGH. Seriously, I'm traumatized by the things I saw. And worst of all is that they blurred out nothing. NOTHING! I wish I could tell you more specifically what exactly we saw (and screamed about upon seeing!) but I can't without scaring all of you too. Needless to say, A and I were seriously like little girls screaming our heads off! It was friggin' hilarious! And then we watched the UK's version of the Jersey Shore called Geordie Shore. Let me tell you, there is no was to describe this show. None. It is, dare I say, like a hundred times trashier than our version. Especially because, once again, they blur out nothing! But they are also just crazier and they speak in wild accents. It is amazing television! Fo' real.
My yummy breakfast of eggs and bubble and squeak!
We had a ridiculously hilarious and fun time just sitting around and watching tv. ::sigh:: So great.
       She and Jeremy invited me to crash at their place and then A and I woke up, went to a delicious breakfast at Bill's (a restaurant, not a guy's house!), and then jumped on a bus to head to Hampton Court Palace, which I've been dying to see for weeks! We caught an absolutely beautiful day - blue skies and sunshine galore! It was pretty chilly out - it's amazing how quickly the temperature has dropped over the past two weeks. But aside from the nip in the air, it really was a nice day! Anyway, so we arrived at the Palace and it was utterly massive!


Before we toured the palace we decided that, since London weather can be a bit temperamental, we'd explore the maze garden first. Holy moley. It was a serious maze! Like Goblet of Fire style maze and we couldn't get our asses out for umm... quite a while! But it was really fun!

Me and A just starting in the maze! We are optimistic!
Umm,  a while in, I was nervous that we were never getting out!
Then we went in and around the palace for like hours! There was SO much to explore and I was like a big, nerdy, grinning freak who couldn't get enough. I've always been so fascinated by the Tutor reign of England and the whole Henry the VIIth saga and this was like freakin' Disney World for me! Gah!


Me and Henry cheesin' it up!


Busy dude,  eh?

The walkway from the East gardens to the Palace. 
I felt like Alice in Wonderland with these crazy mushroom trees!



Ahh! I'm blinded by the sun! 
So many fountains and such extensive gardens! So impressive!
Once the temperatures continued to fall even farther and we were freezing our asses off, we decided to call it a day and catch the bus back to A's flat. We had such an awesome slumber party and a great day at the Palace! 
      Another one for the books, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment