Monday, November 18, 2013

The "Missing" List

When I lived in Paris I kept a similar list to this: a list of the things I would miss about Paris when I went home and a list of the things that, while I'm in Paris, I missed about the States. I ended up finding the list years after I moved back and it so... heartwarming. I remembered all of the things that I wrote down and why I wrote them. It made me really miss Paris and simultaneously grateful to be home in the States.
So here is, the UK version:  (This is a work in progress so check back in!)

Things I Miss about Home (the States):
* Of course, my family and friends
* MY DOGS!! I can't wait to cuddle the crap out of them! 
* The NFL (Even though, maybe it was better that I didn't have to suffer through watching the Steelers this season! Ugh.)
* REAL EFFIN DIET COKE and UNLIMITED ICE 
* Real, legit Netflix (Although, I have become surprisingly addicted to some of their crack tv here!)
* MAC (workin' and just shopping - it's my addiction and I've been going through withdrawal)
* My glorious King-sized cloud bed
* Shopping at home without having to worry about currency conversion (Damn you 1.60!)
* Bubble baths.... hmm....

Things I'll Miss about London:  
* All of my friends and their WILD diversity
* The accent (duh!)- I have learned so many new words and phrases that I am totally taking home with me! 
* Real, live gentlemen ::sigh:: 
* Their very efficient tube system and public transportation in general (though it is a bit pricey)
* My itty-bitty flat (It may be tiny, but it's all mine!)
* The access to Shakespearean plays and history (Though I still haven't made it to Stratford-upon-Avon! Shame on me!)
* The Roadhouse (Home of ridiculous nights out. 'Nuff said.)
* Upscale chain restaurants like Jaime's, Bill's, Cote
* The markets! (Mainly Borough and Portobello)
* Aspalls (my favorite drink that will ever be)
* Westfield
* My Starbucks and Pablo
* Alex and Houshang
* Easy and Cheap travel all over Europe!
* Feeling safe in the city - everywhere I go!
* Pubs here are like 90% dudes!
* My friggin' leather jacket that is somewhere in this city. Someone out there is enjoying a beautiful new coat. (Yup, still not over it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment