Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Gridiron at Wembley: Steelers vs. Vikings - Day 37

     It took me an extra day to write this up because I was a little broken-hearted after the game. I needed a day to recoop. Plus, with every crap play, fumble, interception, Eric and I decided that we needed to drink more. Yeah. So I was not only nursing a broken heart, but a wicked hangover to boot.
      Anyway, so Eric and I met up at the Shepherd's Bush Overground station about 3:00 to head over to the game that started at 6:00. Unfortunately, much to our surprise, there really isn't any easy way to get to Wembley. It took us a little time to get to our stop, but when we did there were fans everywhere! It kinda cracked me up that there were people wearing all kinda of jerseys the Dolphins, the Patriots, the Broncos. I didn't quite get it, but oh well, they don't see football but once a year so I'll give'em a break.
     From the tube stop, it was about a 15 minute walk to the stadium so we stopped for some drinks along the way - mini pub crawl style, since we had some time. As I said, I wish we would have won, but all in all I had a really great time. Great weather. All of the fans were in good spirits about the game and were kind to one another. The stadium was truly something to behold. Pretty awesome day of football! 

Thirsty Eddies! (Dive bar indeed - Pittsburgh woulda been proud!)
Beer en route! Pub crawlin - literally!




More beer at the Gold Wembley Members Club! 
Look at how gigantic this stadium is! We had a pretty impressive wave going on!
I tried to take a picture of us during every beer... I think I missed a few. 



No comments:

Post a Comment