Monday, October 21, 2013

Will Work(out) For Food - Day 58

I realized, as I was sweating my ass off at the gym today during a particularly grueling workout, that I only workout because I LOVE FOOD. I do. And clearly, I wasn't blessed with a high functioning metabolism, so the only solution if I want to eat cheese all day (and I do!) is to work my ass off (literally) at the gym.
It isn't fun.
I don't like it.
I wish I did. Truly.
It would make my life a shit-ton easier.
But I just don't.
However, I have to think of it as a small sacrifice. A tiny percent of my day that then allows me to enjoy the yummy treats that I eat on the reg.

On second thought, I will admit that I do love the way my body can exercise now as opposed to before. I appreciate watching my body change and seeing how much farther I can push myself every single day. So I guess there's that too.

Since living here in London and not having to work a full-time job and a second job on top of my grad school work, I have way more free time on my hands (which I know I've mentioned in previous posts). Due to that free time, I force myself to workout five days a week. Weekends are my play time (aka hangover recovery time - see my previous post for details on that!) But I have to say that I am feeling pretty damn great! I just wish I loved it more and it didn't take such painstaking effort for me to get out of bed to go to the gym.
I think this EVERY SINGLE MORNING! No bueno. 
I want to wake up.
Spring out of bed.
And skip on over to the gym.
Yeah, it'll never happen.
But I go anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment