Friday, October 4, 2013

Southend-on-Sea - Day 42

Much to my (initial) dismay, I found out that there is NO easy way to get to "London's" Southend Airport at the crack of dawn. With the exception of a cab, which would cost close to 250 American dollars. No thanks. The alternative became for me to stay by the airport the night before, which led to me spending the day in Southend-on-Sea, a cute little beach town about an hour and twenty minutes outside of London.
    After sorting some London business (like paying my rent and packing and all that jazz), I made my way to Liverpool Street Station to catch the national rail to Southend. By the way, I love trains. Definitely my preferred way to travel. Just so much more relaxed!
    When arriving to Southend, I had a bit of stress trying to find the right bus to take to my bed and breakfast, but once that was sorted - smoooooth sailing. I stayed at Pebbles Beach House right on the water. IT WAS AMAZING. So cute. Family owned and run. Freakin' perfect.



I threw my crap down and went for an epic hike to Southend Pier, the longest pier in the UK (world?), I'm not sure. It was about a mile and a half out. And it was about a 1.5 to 2 miles to get to the Pier. So yeah, I was a walking fool. But the view was beautiful. It was incredibly windy. Like blow-me-over kinda windy. But that made the walk all the more enjoyable.




The start of my trek.

Just in case you get bored on your hike down the pier.

Still walking and so windy! 

Made it to the end!


I took a stroll around their little mall and then headed back to my b&b to watch the sunset and eat chinese food. I did some school work, did some blogging, Face Timed with my bestest friend Christina (SO HAPPY TO SEE HER BEAUTIFUL FACE!), and then made sure I had my shit in order for my early wake up. I shouldn't have worried. I didn't get a wink of sleep! I was terrified that my alarm wasn't going to sound and that I'd miss my flight, so instead I just watched the clock tick. Not cool. Especially since that was the most comfortable bed I've slept in a while. Oh well, just a sacrifice I have to make for Amsterdam.

On the walk home. (No filter)

View from my window! (No filter!)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! Going to have to make J take a trip out there with me!

    ReplyDelete