Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Love Paris, Rain or Shine - Day 54

It's raining. Not good. Kinda gross out. But that won't stop me for long. I think I'll head to the Latin Quarter for some window shopping and lunch. And then from there we'll see. 

First for a reassessment of my hair. Curly hair is NOT rain weather hair. So bun it is. 
Prob not gonna need the shades, but hey, why not? 
Another quick picture by Hotel du Ville on my walk to the Latin Quarter. 
Also grabbed a panini for breakfast for my walk. Gotta love breakfast on the go!
One of the most famous bookstores in Paris. According to Wikipedia, some of the greatest writers of the 1920s like Ernest Hemmingway, Ezra Pound, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, Man Ray and James Joyce all spent a great deal of time at Shakespeare and Company. Joyce even used it as his office for a time. 

I then went marching down the Boulevard St. Michael which is in the 5th arrondisment and is where I went to school all those years ago. (Yeah, almost 10 years ago. Good god, I was practically a kid!) Anywho, so below is a picture of my school (I feel like a 4th grader saying that with such pride). 


Le Pantheon up the road. 
One of my other favorite gardens Le Jardin du Luxembourg.
Heinous rain, but still so beautiful. 




Next on my tour of nostalgia, I went back down into the Latin Quarter to my favorite place for lunch. Ten years ago there used to be a man who worked there named Tony who I'd see a good number of days out of my week because the lunch was close to school, cheap, and delicious! I was SOOOO hoping that he was going to be there, but sadly, he wasn't and instead, it was run by a whole bunch of Spanish speaking individuals. And the lunch wasn't as delicious as I remembered. Oh well, it was a fun stroll down memory lane. Plus, it was still really cheap!


Sorry the picture is so jaundice. The lights and the walls were both yellow as yellow can be.
Doesn't make for good picture lighting. 
The rain got a little crazy so I headed back to my flat to recoup and chill out for a bit. Thankfully, it cleared up around 5:00 so I went to the Eiffel Tower (of course) to take some pictures and watch it twinkle. 



I couldn't get the whole thing, but this was the sign for les escaliers "the stairs".
The stairs?!? Are you people nuts?
Who is climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower? I almost died climbing up the Arc de Triumph!



At the Eiffel Tower, I met a girl names Fernanda from Brazil. We met because we were helping one another out by taking pictures for each other as opposed to all those awkward selfies. We got to talking and ended up walking to Trocadero and then sat at a cafe and drank our body weight in wine. Two bottles and we were hammered. We had such a great time. Again, another awesome, fun, hilarious time with a perfect stranger. 

The culprit!

At the cafe with Fernanda.
 "It's our last night in Paris! I'll buy this restaurant if I want to. And that tower over there!" 
Clearly sober on the metro ride home. 
Another fantastic day. 
But what did you expect, I mean, it's Paris!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment