Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lunch in Lovely Richmond - Day 61

Against my better judgement I tried "clotted cream" which I swore not to do because the name is downright disgusting! (I have a sensitivity to gross names. They conjure heinous mental pictures and "clotted cream" was just not sitting well with me.) But after much provocation, I folded and went for it! AND IT WAS FRIGGIN DELICIOUS! Holy. Cow. Scone + Jam + Clotted Cream = best breakfast ever! I am a fan and I kinda want to eat it every day. And maybe I will!
A "proper" English breakfast - tea and all!
After breakfast, I made my way out to Richmond to meet Aileen for lunch and explore the town during the daytime when the shops are open. We visited a bookstore and I must say, I love me sisters, but they can't be in a bookstore for more than 10 minutes without acting like someone's lit a fire in their pants! But Aileen, like me, is a writer and could stay all day in the bookstore! We perused all of the new releases and talked about books we've recently read and liked and disliked. So much fun. Maybe not everyone's idea of fun, but so glad that Aileen and I have that in common! Then we went to Jamie Oliver's Trattoria for lunch. Every one of his restaurants that I've been to has been SUPER DELISH and this time was no exception!
      Then we took a stroll up to her flat, which is right across from one of the most beautiful views I've seen in awhile! She lives across from a lovely park in which we took a brief stroll and then we sat outside and have a drink at the pub.

This is a statue of Aphrodite, which is nicknamed "Bulbous Betty"... aww, poor girl. 


Check out the Thames in the distance. 
Doesn't this look fake!?!?
Gin and tonic and Aspalls by the park! 
     Another wonderful day with my wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment