Friday, October 11, 2013

HELP! I'm Obsessed with the Internet! - Day 49

    True life confession: I seriously don't know what to do with myself when my internet isn't working. I feel like a pioneer woman! And it's a damn shame that I'm a writer and don't necessarily need the internet in order to write, but when that sucker is down or running slower than shit, I lose my mind. I should be super productive and almost elated when that happens, but no. I'm not. I'm foul, and miserable, and pissy.
     If you're wondering (and I'm sure you could have guessed), my internet has been on the fritz all day.
    And all day, I've been a lunatic.
    It's freezing and rainy outside - a perfect, stay-inside-and-watch-movies-kinda-day. But NOOOOOO. When did I become so dependent on the internet and technology? I was always the girl that would lose her cell phone for weeks at a time and not even notice until my friends were giving me a tongue-lashing about not returning their calls. Whoops.
    But now, it's practically glued to me. If I lost it, I'd be lost. Literally. It's how I navigate the city. Public transportation. Walking directions. Restaurants. Bars. Whatever. I didn't have it while I was in Amsterdam and felt so disoriented. Thankfully, some of the girls I was with had data plans that they could use, so I just tagged along with them. But I am going to Paris next week and so help me God, without my cell phone and access to internet, I'm going to be huddled under the Eiffel Tower, rocking back and forth, muttering in incoherent French. Awesome.
    Damn you, Internet. You're just so irresistible!

No comments:

Post a Comment